Tehran hosts sixty-sixth Session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean from 14 to 17 October 2019.
Health ministers and high-level representatives of the 22 countries and territories of the WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region, partner organizations and civil society, will take part in the Sixty-sixth Session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean, in Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran, from 14 to 17 October 2019.
Key technical health issues on this year's agenda will include:
- ending preventable newborn, child and adolescent deaths
- strengthening nursing and midwifery
- strengthening the hospital sector
- developing national institutional capacity for evidence-informed policy-making for health
- accelerating regional implementation of the UN Political Declaration on the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases
The 4-day programme will also include progress reports on: eradication of poliomyelitis; health, environment and climate change; civil registration and vital statistics systems; implementation of the Eastern Mediterranean vaccine action plan and regional malaria action plan; mental health care; implementation of the regional framework on cancer prevention and control; and implementation of the global action plan on antimicrobial resistance.