Bureau of International Relations
Medical Council of the Islamic Republic of Iran (IRIMC) is the nation's largest independent organization in the field of medicine which registers all health care professionals (except nurses) to practice in Iran, and regulates bi or multilateral collaborations between health care professionals & other associations.
Regarding the new visions of leadership; IRIMC Bureau of International Relations has officially started its operation since October 2013 and prominent healthcare professionals were appointed as International Affairs Senior Advisors to set IRIMC International objectives & to promote IRIMC global strategies.
The Bureau of International Relations is located in IRIMC Headquarters and operates under direct supervision of IRIMC President.
As the Licensing & Regulatory authority for all Iranian healthcare professionals (except nurses), IRIMC through Bureau of International Relations, actively cooperates with licensing and regulatory as well as competent authorities in the field medicine across the world to provide timely responses to official inquiries concerning IRIMC registered members.
All English Credentials including Certificate of Good Standing (CGS) are exclusively issued by Bureau of International Relations.
The main objectives of IRIMC Bureau of International Affairs are as follows:
- 1) Definition and regulation of IRIMC global strategies
- 2) Promoting educational and research cooperation in medical & dental sciences between Iran and other countries.
- 3) Promoting and facilitating the relations between Iranian healthcare professionals and their counterparts around the globe.
- 4) Developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy for active cooperation with international competent authorities including but not limited to WHO, WMA, FDI, FIP
- 5) Establishing and maintaining good relations with regulatory & licensing authorities of other countries as well as international trade unions & associations of healthcare professionals.
IRIMC President is willing to expand bilateral relations between IRIMC and other regulatory & competent authorities as well as professional bodies in the field of medicine worldwide.
Dr. Shima Naghavi, Bureau of International Relations